Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Summer

Just a few things I'm looking forward to...


Tubing. I love sitting in a tube and floating down the river. It is seriously one of my all time favorite things to do. I'm not sure why, other than it's freakin awesome. We went a bunch of times last year and it is something I'm definitely looking forward to this summer!


Tennis. I love playing tennis. I wouldn't say I'm very good, but I love it.


Swimming. I'm so excited that we're going to have a pool right next to us this summer. I love swimming. I love laying out by the pool and relaxing and reading. Booya.


Sunshine! I love the sun. I cannot get enough of it. It kinda makes me sad I don't get to see it as often up here as I did when I lived in St. George but that's okay. It's so beautiful up here during the summers that I'll endure the blah winters!


Rollerblading. I LOVE rollerblading. Some of my favorite memories with my brother are when we were on our rollerblading adventures. We would rollerblade for miles and miles. I loved it. Now I have a new rollerblading partner. We love going to Alki and blading along the beach. That's actually what we did on one of our very first dates now that I think about it.


Picnics. I love going to the park, laying a blanket out, and having a picnic. It's just fun.


Weekend road trips. Mini vacations are just good times. That's one thing about Seattle that I really like. There are so many different places just a couple hours away. We can drive to the coast and go to the beach. Drive up into the mountains. Take a ferry over to Canada. The possibilities are endless I tell you! I am looking forward to many of these this summer!


Two words: FLIP FLOPS. I am so in love with them it's not even funny. I would have no other kinds of shoes if I could. Erich always makes fun of me because the second I see the sun, I put my flip flops on and end up freezing my toes off! Sun equals warmth right? Yeah up here not so much when it's not June-September. I'm still trying to get used to that and I've lived up here three years now. A girl can be hopeful though right? I'm just not ready to come to terms with the fact that I can't wear them all year round like I used to when I lived in the desert...so freezing toes it is!


Camping. I love camping during the summer. Campfires + Smores + Hot dogs = Heck yes.


Bike rides. I love going on bike rides. Long ones, short ones. Up in the mountain or just on the bike trails. ESPECIALLY during the summer!


Living in Seattle I feel a little ripped off by the sunshine fairy, so don't mind the mild obsession I seem to have with it. The summers here are absolutely amazing, but man the winters are long. I honestly can't see myself living anywhere else though. Seattle quickly became my home and I'm pretty sure it will be my home forever...:)

2 comments:

Cori said...

You forgot to mention the best thing-ME!

Erich+Kelly said...

Of course! (see post above)