Monday, April 19, 2010

Discovery Park

We went to Discovery Park on Saturday and it was beautiful! This was the first time either of us had been surprisingly. It's just North of Seattle. We hiked in about 1 1/2 miles. It was a really nice little hike. You start out walking through the forest and you come out into this big open field and you can walk along the edge where there is a strait drop off to the beautiful Puget Sound. It was really cool!

Isn't it just so beautiful? I am so in love with this place.

That's the drop off. We hiked down to get to the beach and there is also a light house but it was wrapped up for renovations so we didn't get to see it. Maybe next time.

We hiked down to the the water and played around a little bit. Erich likes to kick over all the rocks and find the crabs and I like to take pictures so that's what we did. We saw the clouds moving in so we decided to head back and as soon as we did it started pouring on us! Not just raining, pouring. It rained the whole way back and we were soaking wet. But the second we got back to the car, and I mean the very second we got back, it stopped. Completely stopped. Thanks for that mother nature. We had a great time anyway!

1 comment:

Cori said...

Pretty, pretty, pretty! I want to go!!!