Monday, April 5, 2010

Easter

We had a great Easter. It was so nice to stay home together and watch General Conference. It was truly inspiring and we are so thankful for all of the apostles and our amazing prophet and for the knowledge that our savior died for our sins and that he lives! He truly lives and I just feel so grateful to be a part of this true church and this great work! The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is true. I believe that with all of my heart and I am so thankful I am married to a man who believes it too and who honors and respects his priesthood. It's beautiful.

The Easter bunny came! And he brought way too much candy!

For breakfast I made these delicious scrambled egg "nests." Oh my gosh they were so good! I put hash browns into muffin tins and formed them to the sides and on the bottom and baked them. Then I just made an omelet with eggs, onions, peppers, bacon, cheese and stuffed it all in. Erich was in love and they were a lot of fun to make so I think I'm going to make it a tradition and make them every year for Easter breakfast!

And behold...the most amazing cake in the world!! Seriously, if you want to try the best cake of your life, let me know. This is the cake my mom used to always make for us and it just makes me happy! It's a lemon poppy seed cake with a cocoa/sugar/cinnamon swirl mixture sprinkled between the cake layers and then is topped with a fresh lemon juice and sugar glaze. Oh so good! We went to our good friends house for the last session of conference and dinner and this is what I brought for dessert. We had so much fun last night which isn't really a surprise because we always have a blast with Daniel and Wendy! We love you friends!!

This is us watching Conference. Me and the bearded man. Hope everyone had a great Easter!

No comments: