Monday, April 12, 2010

Weeding plus ice blocking equals weekend

We spent our weekend doing this...


And this...



We headed down to Puyallup Saturday morning to help Erich's brother mow and weed a subdivision. He hasn't been feeling well lately and he needed to get it done so we figured we'd go help him out. It turned out to be a really nice day and I really enjoyed being outside, even if it was while weeding. It brought me back to growing up when we would weed every Saturday. And that is no exaggeration. It was literally every Saturday. And let me tell you, weeding up here is soo much better than in the desert! The weeds just come right out here. And well, that doesn't happen in St. George. You're literally chipping away at the ground to get the weeds out. It's either that or having to soak the ground for three days to get the ground soft enough. Oh the things you end up missing. :) I actually really like to do yard work and I'm excited to have our own yard and house to take care of. I can't wait to have my own little garden!

Anywho.

On Saturday night we hung out with my good friend Jacee and her husband Ryan. Jacee is my best friend from St. George who I've been friends with since we met at my 14th birthday party. She ended up meeting Ryan in Salt Lake while he was going to school. Well Ryan is from here so after he graduated they moved up here and got married in the Seattle temple. (that happened about a year after I had moved here) But how cool is that?! And what are the odds that I would move up here, meet someone, get married, and then she would meet someone, move up here, and get married. Craziness I tell you! We have a lot of fun having date nights with them and we had a brilliant idea (actually Jacee had the brilliant idea) to go ice blocking. We had went in St. George oh so long ago and her hubby had never been so we thought it would be a fun date night. It's too bad we forgot our cameras because there would have been some really funny pictures but oh well. It was a really fun trip down memory lane, and her husband said it was better that he thought it was going to be so...success!

No comments: