Friday, July 16, 2010

Friday Flashback 6 ~ Ivins, Utah

{Home of the big Red Mountain}

This is where I grew up. Not actually on the mountain, that would be weird...and kinda cool. But the town in the background, that's my home town. We first moved there when I was about five, back when it was still just an ittie bittie town. It has since grown quite a bit in the last 18 years (wow, that kinda makes me sound old when I say that!). I spent my growing up days building tree houses, playing baseball games in big open fields (we actually made up our own version with a tennis racket and tennis ball cause we're cool like that), catching tadpoles and building little "lakes" for them in our backyard, going on adventures through the desert, coming back from our adventures covered from head to toe in red dirt, and exploring the big red mountain. It was an awesome place to grow up and I am thankful that's where I got to do it! And I'm glad that my mom still lives there so I can always go back and pay that big red mountain a visit. It's just beautiful up there. One of my favorite places.

 That's my old house right there. Well you can't really see it but just looking at this picture brings back so many good memories. It was the house we lived in when we first moved to town. My mom didn't know a single person and wasn't sure exactly what she was going to do. She just knew that we needed to be there. And boy was she right! Moms are just awesome, aren't they?!

I miss that red dirt!

Kayla being awesome.

Um, can you say gorgeous!
You can imagine the drastic change in scenery I got when I moved to the North West.
Totally different in almost every way.
Both absolutely stunning.

That's our second house we lived in and where my mom still lives now. Tuacahn is just right up that road. If you haven't heard of it, they put on the big plays that people come from all over to watch. I'm not the biggest fan of plays. Don't really like them much at all really. But these ones are worth going to see. Especially if plays are your thing. They put on amazing productions. And the back drop is gorgeous red mountains.
It's really beautiful.

Anywho. I just wanted to post about this because I am so thankful that I was raised in Ivins, Utah. I know that my mom was lead to that town for a reason. And that she listened to the spirit when it told her that's where we needed to be. I couldn't have asked for a better place to grow up.
Two hundred degree summers and all. :)

3 comments:

Ashlie Dalton said...

i love your mom. she is super cool!

also, i have always wanted to climb that mountain and have still never done it. your pics have inspired me... next time i go to sg, i am for sure doing that!

Erich+Kelly said...

Oh yes do it! I can't believe you never have!

Roxanne said...

I love Ivins, too. I miss living there. I'm glad I can see the red mountain from where I work each day.