Friday, July 23, 2010

Friday Flashback 7 ~ My 5th Birthday

I don't remember too much about the years I lived in Canada, but for some reason my 5th birthday is a really vivid memory. I think it's so vivid because it's the last birthday I spent there before my parents split up and we moved to Utah with our mom. I see this cute little girl and know that she had no idea what was about to be in store for her. Her life was about to change big time. And while it wasn't the most ideal of circumstances, I know it was the best situation my mom could have put us in to give us the best life. I'm really thankful for her because if it wasn't for that decision, I probably wouldn't be spending my 23rd birthday with a wonderful husband and this wonderful life.
I guess sometimes you have to pass through the darkness in order to find the light.

{July 24, 1992}

So cute. So happy.

Celebrating my birthday at McDonald's. 
They hosted a whole birthday party with games made up of hamburger boxes and the whole nine yards.
I remember they forgot to take the cake out of their freezer
and we couldn't cut it because it was hard as a rock. 
We (the kids) were not happy.

I remember every single one of these presents!

Me and Kayla baby.

Me and Rusty. Our guardian angel.

2 comments:

Roxanne said...

You are such a cutie. I'm glad to see a picture of Rusty.

Erich+Kelly said...

:)