Thursday, October 7, 2010

Thoughts on Thursdays

I think it's crazy that it's already October. I swear I am going to be an old lady before I know it!

I really like my job and am very thankful I have it, but everyday I sit at my desk and think about the job that I actually want to be doing, and that is being a mom. I find myself always preparing for when that time will actually be here. I have a binder I put together that is filled with crafts and activities and sewing projects. I add to it every time I find something new and fun. And I have another binder filled with fun and silly treats and meals for different holidays and occasions. Is that dorky? You can never start preparing too early, right?!

As much as I love this next part of the year, I don't know if I'm ready to say goodbye to the sun just yet. :(

I really love Halloween. It's one of my favorite holidays. I love all the fun colors, the decorations, the pumpkins, the corn mazes, the goofy costumes. It's all just fun.

I had a really good time with my brother here. I don't like that my family lives so far away, but at the same time I have a real sense of peace because I know I'm where I'm suppose to be. And it's fun when they come visit and I can show them this place that I love so much!

My husband is really busy with work and school. I'm sad we don't get to spend more time together, but I know that what he's doing now is going to pay off big time for our future and that makes everything okay.

There are so many places I want to see and things I want to do. I feel like I need to cram them all into next year because once we have kids I feel like we're not going to be able to do certain things for a long time. I often find myself fighting between the idea of wanting to have kids sooner rather than later, and wanting to do all the things I want to and having my alone time with Erich before our lives change in such a drastic way. Is that selfish? Did anyone else have those same feelings??

1 comment:

Cara said...

I don't think it's selfish to want to have the most time that you can together before you start your family. It's important to have that time to grow together. And you've got it...babies change your life drastically! I think that most of our conversations now revolve around diaper contents and spit up and whether or not Brooklynn is taking good naps!