We bought a Vitamix a couple months ago and I just have to say that I love it!! Yes, it is a little pricey, but the benefits way outweigh that. I highly recommend anyone and everyone to get one. I have been using it to make fresh fruit smoothies every morning for breakfast. Fresh soups, vegetable drinks, salsas, etc. I've been really concerned lately with all the crap that is in processed and prepackaged foods, and all of the pesticides that are on our fruits and vegetables. I've really been trying to focusing lately on the importance of eating unprocessed foods and fresh, organic fruits and vegetables as much as we can. I want to make sure that I am taking responsibility and feeding my family good, healthy foods, especially once we have kids. (I'm excited to make fresh baby foods in it!) I just think it's really important to be conscious of what we are putting into our bodies. I feel like I have been really out of touch with just how important it really is. I want to make sure that my family and I are healthy and strong for all the years ahead of us!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
I make all my own baby food, and it is soooooooo easy. I can't believe that more people don't. Here is a good website to go to when you want to eat organic, but are on a budget. The food is not necessarily higher in pesticides just because it says "Organic". This is a list of the foods that have a pretty thick outer shell that pesticides have not proven to penetrate as well:
http://static.foodnews.org/pdf/EWG-shoppers-guide.pdf
For example, the fruit inside a banana will not be touched by any chemical spray, but a strawberry absolutely will.
Good for you!!
Good for you. I will keep this item in mind for a future purchase!
Post a Comment