Friday, July 22, 2011

Friday Flashback 17 ~ Foxy mama!



I was looking through old pictures the other day and came across these. Is she not just an absolute fox?! This is my mama, and I love her. She is the strongest, bravest, most thoughtful person I know. She made the decision 19 years ago that she needed to take me and my siblings out of a bad situation. She packed up what she could fit in our suburban, sold the rest, and we made the looong trek from Timmins, Ontario, to the little town of Ivins, Utah. I don't think she knew exactly what she was going to do, or how she was going to do it. She just had the faith that Heavenly Father was leading her is the right direction. And that he would not lead us astray. And with the help of him, she raised me and my siblings all by herself. And while we may not have always had everything we wanted, we sure always had everything we needed. And that is because of this independent, strong, and faithful woman. I love her so much. She gave us a real chance at having a good future. I don't think I could ever thank her enough. I love you mom!

2 comments:

Natalie Smith said...

Beautiful post.

Cori said...

I like this!! I knew on day you would feel differently about your momma. :) Remember High school??
You are my friend!