Sunday, May 9, 2010

MOM

I've been thinking a lot lately about the role of a mother and how I am going to be taking on that role soon. (no I'm not pregnant) But I can't wait to be. I can't wait to me a mom. From as far back as I can remember everything I've done has been for my future children. Keeping things that I think they may want to look at one day, buying my wedding dress instead of borrowing or renting so that they could wear it one day if they wanted to, having this blog so they can look back on our lives and see how much we love each other, and how much we love them. In a way I feel like I'm the person I am today because of always keeping them in the back of my mind. I feel like it's kept me on the right path. The path to prepare me to be the best mom I can be.

I'm so thankful for my mom. She taught me to work hard and to be strong. I don't think there is a woman out there that is as strong as her. She was a single mom who raised me and my three siblings all by herself. If there was something that needed to be done around the house, she'd do it. If there was something that needed fixing, she'd figure out how to fix it. Looking back I don't know how she got through it all by herself. Working a full time job only to come home to another full time job. I'm so grateful for her and her example. She gave me the opportunity to be raised in the church. I always knew without a doubt that she believed it was true and I saw her try hard to live the standards. I don't even want to think about what my life would be like if she had not made it a priority to raise us up in the gospel. I have a blessed life and it is all because of a mom who chose the right and listened to the spirit. Thank you mom, for everything.

I'm so excited for the opportunity I'll have to be a mom one day. I'm thankful that I have a great husband that I'll be able to share the responsibility with. Our kids are going to be so lucky to have Erich as their dad. I'm kind of jealous of them actually. :) He's so wonderful and so fun and I just can't wait to see him holding our baby for the first time. To see the look on his face. To watch him play catch with our sons. And dress up with our daughters (he'll do it too!) I just plain can't wait. Well, maybe I can for a little bit. I'm enjoying the time I have Erich all to myself for now but we're definitely looking forward to that next stage in our lives. It's going to be a great and fun adventure! So kids, if you're reading this, know that there is no doubt we wanted you even before you were born!

She's so beautiful! Love you mom! Happy Mothers Day!!

1 comment:

Natalie Smith said...

I love this post! It is definately a great one for the kids to read in the future! Motherhood is so special and so worth the wait!