We had so much fun in Vancouver! It was really nice to get away for the weekend for Erich's birthday. On Saturday we headed up to North Vancouver to check out the Lynn Valley suspension bridge. Our GPS wouldn't recognize the address so we had to stop for directions which worked out nice because we stopped at a Denny's and got Erich's free birthday breakfast. Score! Our waitress was really nice and drew us a map to get to the bridge. We finally found it and it was pretty cool. There were two water falls and a river beneath us, it was really beautiful! From there we headed over to Stanley Park. It's a big park on the West side of Vancouver. You can drive through the whole thing and stop at a bunch of different lookout areas along the way. It was kind of raining so we didn't get out of the car much and decided we'd come back the next day and explore a little more. We went back to the condo and hung out for a bit then headed out for dinner. There were like 200 places to eat within 3 blocks of our place I swear! We walked around for about an hour looking at our options and finally decided on a Thai restaurant that was right by where we were staying. Oh my gosh it was so good!! I got the red curry and Erich got sweet and sour chicken. Mmm mmm. We've got to go back to that place! Oh and get this, we were walking out and I had our leftovers in my hand. It was windy and cold out and we walked by this bum sitting on the ground. I looked at Erich and asked if we should give him our leftovers. If you know Erich, he loves leftovers more than anyone else in this whole world so this was a hard decision for him. But he said yes so I walked back to the guy, knelt down by him and asked if he wanted them. He looked at them and then to me and said, "well what is it?" "It's curry." I tell him. "Oh, then no." Whaa...um...okay. I guess I missed the memo that beggers could be choosers?? I was kind of angry about it I'm not going to lie. I was just trying to be nice and give this guy some warm (rather expensive I might add) food. And he said no because he didn't like curry?? Really?? Apparently you don't have it that bad sir. I'm over it can you tell?? :)
Sunday we woke up and lounged around till it was time to check out. Then we headed over to Stanley park. It was a much nicer day, a beautiful day actually. We stopped off first at a lake. We saw some swans and fed some ducks. We drove over to the next parking area and walked along the ocean. You could see the wide open ocean on one side and Vanouver on the other. It was really pretty. We took some pictures, fed a racoon an apple core. You know, the usual. Then it was time to head home. :( Back to the good ol' US of A. We had so much fun. I love taking little get away weekends like that and am definitely looking forward to many more!
This was at the Lynn Valley suspension bridge. Rainy and fun.
This was our first stop in Stanley park on Saturday, before it started raining.
We went back to Stanley park on Sunday and stopped off at this lake. It was really beautiful!
Some friends we made.
The bigger friend we made that scared our little friends away. Note to self, don't feed geese. They'll try and get all up in your business.
Vancouver.
The bridge to get over to North Vancouver.
Another little friend we made. We fed him an apple core and he loved it. Don't tell the Mounties! :)
Japadog. We had to go here because apparently it was on the news as being totally awesome. And it was. So good for them for being right.
These were by far the most awesome statues I have ever seen. And most random. Canadians are cool.




2 comments:
I love the statues!!! Vancouver is so pretty! We love it there. We haven't done these few sights and we need too! PS - I am jealous you made it to the tulip festival! I say this every year...I will get there next year.
You gotta go to the tulip festival! I loved it!! We're going back next year for sure, maybe we can go together! :)
Post a Comment