My older sister picked me up on Monday from Salt Lake and we headed down to St. George. While we were driving we hit a major snow storm. What the? I mean honestly. Thankfully by the time we got to St. George it was sunny and 85 degrees. Thank you St. George, I knew I could always count on you. We spent the days swimming and soaking up the sun. I also had a brilliant idea to sort through all of the family pictures so we could each take our own box of pics home. Well that turned out to be quite the task but I did get it done before I had to leave so that was good. It was really fun going through everything. I found some of my moms old journals and scrapbooks and I asked her if I could have them. Well she said I could and now I can't stop reading them. I love being able to read about her life. Her struggles. Her good times. How much she loves each of us. It's a treasure for me and it makes me want to buckle down and make sure I'm writing in my journal more frequently so I can hand the same thing down to our kids. Erich was surprised when he picked me up from the airport and I had a whole extra bag full of pictures and albums. (I had to borrow a whole other suitcase from my mom so I could bring them all back). I can't wait to sit down with our kids and go through them one day. To show them pictures of my mom when she was younger. She was one foxy lady! Still is actually.
Then on Thursday my little baby sister graduated from high school. I guess she's not a baby anymore but I just can't believe she's already graduated and ready to go out into
the real world. She's the last one to leave the house so my mom is now an empty nester!
It was a really fun week. Lots of family and lots of Cafe Rio. I even surprised Erich and brought him home a burrito. (despite everyone telling me that was a bad idea). They don't know Erich like I do though. Soggy burritos don't bother him a bit. Oh my he was so happy. I definitely won best wife award that day! (in his eyes at least).
Silly Journey.
Addie basking in the sun.
Myles in his ducky robe.
I was in the same place doing the exact same thing five years ago. Man time flies!
Kayla and her peeps.
Congrats graduate!
Sisterly love.
Myles and sprinkles.
Addie stuck a fork in her hair while we were at lunch and twirled it around until it was
a giant knot. Not sure why she did that but we were trying to get it out and it was really stuck in there! She was not happy when I pulled out the camera and started taking pictures, she tried to duck under the table. Aren't kids just the darndest!
No comments:
Post a Comment