Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Blog slacker and other news

Geez I have been such a slacker lately! I'll blame it on the fact that we have been sooo busy lately, and we're only going to get busier! I feel like I have been running around like a chicken with my head cut off. I have been so busy at work, which is where I usually find time to do some of my blogging (hope my boss isn't reading this :) but there has been no time for any of  that. And on top of that we've been house hunting which took up most of our spare time. But I am happy to announce that we finally found the perfect house! Yep that's right, WE BOUGHT A HOUSE!!! We are so beyond excited! It's up in Lakeland Hills in Auburn. We are so sad to leave Kent, and I am so so sad to leave the Young Women but we found a house that we feel sooo good about. It's in the most perfect neighborhood surrounded by parks and the elementary school just a couple blocks away. We just know it's exactly where we are suppose to be and the place we want to start our family. Not to mention we got a steal of a deal! I guess that's one benefit of the ecomomy sucking right now. I'm really thankful we are in a position to buy at this time.

Our closing date is scheduled for the 14th of April (wow that's like a week away, eek!). We don't need to be out of our apartment till the end of the month though so we will have that time to clean and paint and get all moved in. I am definitely going to have my work cut out for me! It's going to be a little bit of a shock going from a tiny one bedroom apartment to a big two story, four bedroom house! We're going to have so much space we won't know what to do with ourselves! It's going to be so nice to have a garage and a yard.  I can't wait to finally get all moved in! I've been running out of places to cram things where we are now.

What's most exciting though is knowing that this is the house we'll be in when we find out we're pregnant for the first time, where we'll bring our first baby home from the hospital, where that baby will crawl for the first time and take it's first steps. We are going to have so many things happen to us in this house and so many firsts. It makes it so much more exciting to think about all of that. I'm looking forward to the many memories we are going to make in our first home. :)

Isn't she pretty?! Home sweet home. :)

1 comment:

Natalie Smith said...

CONGRATS! That is the cutest house. So happy for you guys. I hope everything goes well adn you are able to get in and settled just in time for the summer :)