{Sometime in early 1988}
Shortly after this picture was taken I went down our basement stairs while scooting around in my walker. My parents were out and a couple young women from church were babysitting me and my brother and sister. Someone left the door to the basement open and the girls must not have been watching me very well because I scooted right down the ten or so cement stairs. Ouch! Needless to say, I was rushed to the hospital. My mom and dad were at a shop getting a sterio put in their car when they got the phone call. My mom said they peeled out of that stall so fast they left big blacks screech marks and a cloud of smoke. They rushed to the hospital and when they got there they saw their bashed up little girl. My mom says that when she was walking up to me I tried to reach out and smile because I was so happy to see her but I couldn't because it hurt too bad. Luckily I was okay and no serious damage was done. (Although some may disagree with that and say it made a little retarded :). And that, my mom always says, is because there were angels with me that day. Couldn't agree more.


No comments:
Post a Comment